“We don’t want to add HR into our company because we don’t want to become corporate,” the company I was talking to announced.
I hear that phrase nearly every day.
If you’ve ever thought you are making decisions that feel too corporate as your company grows, then I challenge you to ask yourself whether it feels too corporate if you provide your employees:
- A safe and secure environment with policies everyone understands?
- Guidance about the culture and expectations of your organization?
- Important information about their rights?
- A clear description of their job duties?
- Fair and consistent procedures around hiring, employment, performance, and pay?
If you feel implementing the above HR tools for your employees takes you to the corporate dark side, think again. Companies with solid HR foundations are more successful and have less turnover, higher safety ratings, and overall happier employees.
Don’t delay making HR a part of your organization because you are afraid to become too corporate. Make HR a part of your organization because you want to do what’s right.